A compilation of useful GW2 tips from Reddit
There’s currently a thread going on Reddit that discusses useful tips about the game that might not be apparent. Instead of everyone having to read through all the comments, I figured I’d make a post about them here for the Tumblr community.
- You can bind a key to sheathe/unsheathe weapons. This can help you ‘drop from combat’ sooner, thus allowing your regen to begin quicker.
- Right clicking crafting items allows you to deposit them to your bank from anywhere in the world.
- Holding shift and clicking or dragging on the map/minimap will ping a red circle or draw a white line, respectively.
- Holding ctrl and clicking on any waypoint will create a link in chat. When clicked, the link will open the map and center the waypoint on the screen.
- Holding alt and clicking on the map places a personal waypoint there that everyone else in the party can see. It seemed to remain in place until you remove it manually, and works both on the mini map and world map.
- There’s a hotkey to walk rather than run. Great for jumping puzzles.
- You can enable auto-loot. This makes the F key loot 1 corpse at a time, rather than giving a menu to click one item at a time.
- You can bind a key to do hi-def screenshots, which basically takes a screenshot with a really high resolution. It also hides the UI by default in your screenshots.
- You can use perfect salvage kits to get upgrades off of items. This lets you get your hands onto upgrades you need for your current set even through acquiring items you normally wouldn’t use.
- You can get perfect salvage kits that last forever from chests. Once you have one you can salvage everyone’s upgrades for them on non soulbound items.
- Completing a zone in its entirety puts a chest onto your map that when you click it, rewards you heavily. Lots of silver, 10% of a level in XP and normally some items.
- You can disable “double-tap to dodge”. I did this for Jumping Puzzles, where a spastic double tap to relocate would sometimes result in my character doing a dramatic flop from a high platform.
- Much like crafting mats, you can right click PvP armor and weapons and deposit them into the locker, that way you can use them on other characters.
- you can (double)click on waypoints in the minimap. Useful for quickly moving between bank and crafting stations in Divinity’s Reach.
- Crafting things in stacks nets you bonus exp rather than crafting things one by one. In this way make sure to stockpile things like scrap leather rather than doing it when you only have one or two.
- In WvW AoE swiftness buffs like from the hunters warhorn affect supply camp dolyaks.
- Too many people still dont know this I find. CHECK YOUR MAIL! Most of your gold is going there in pve. Check it.
- You could still swap pets to revive them in BWE2. Currently there is still no reason to be reviving a ranger’s pet. Don’t do it. Rangers, swap your pets!
- Ctrl + left click items in your inventory to instantly link them into chat. Shift + left click them to add them to your current chat window so you can add additional text.
- Pressing O leads to the Trading Post from anywhere ingame.
- Crafting components such as Bronze Dagger Hilts and Insignias cannot be stored in collections. Only make what you need, when you need it!
- Discovery earns more XP than crafting the same component over and over again, the exception being a newly unlocked material such as when you first gain access to the next crafting tier. Gold colored items = great experience. Dull gray colored items = no experience.
- You can buy and sell in the trading post from anywhere; you have to visit one in person to pick up items bought/gold earned.
- Pressing cntrl-T will create a target on a mob for the whole group. When anyone presses T they will autotarget that mob.
Hopefully some of these help people out. I know I learned a few things in the process.